Snapt and VMware are a match made in hypervisor heaven. With Snapt’s recent VMware Ready Certification you can be up and running, Load Balancing traffic, Optimizing traffic delivery and blocking bad requests in 2 minutes or less.
Let’s look at how easy it is to get Snapt installed on VMware
- Visit our download page – downloads.snapt.net
- Select “VMX”
- Extract the archive to your desired location
- Start-up VMWare Player/Workstation
- Now click on “Open a Virtual Machine”
- Browse to where you extracted the archive
- Select “Snapt_Leap_VXX.x86_64-X.X.X” and click open
- You may now edit the virtual machine settings according to your needs.
- Click “Play virtual machine” and the initial setup will take place automatically.
- You’ll then be prompted to select your Region and Time Zone.
- Once the VM has finished booting you can type “getipaddress” if running DHCP or run “networkConfig” to set the IP address statically.
- You can now open a web browser and navigate to http://youripaddress:8080 and login to Snapt with the default username and password (admin/admin)